Saturday, July 31, 2010

Perfect Kiwi Dinner!

As my ex-pat blogger friends would agree, sometimes a traditional kiwi dinner is required especially when they're served in awesome kiwi egg cups!

1 comment:

  1. Love the egg cups!

    Wow, so Fernie obviously really captured your hearts for you to go back so often and for so long!

    Okay, so this is crazily coincidental... while my Mum was staying I got out a letter that I received last Christmas from some family friends of ours in England so she could read it. The letter said that these peoples' granddaughter and her husband had moved to Canada and were living in Fernie. Mum was reading it out loud and goes 'I wonder where Fernie is?' and I'm like 'you're kidding... really!? I know exactly where that is!' SMALL. WORLD. Of course, when I read the letter 6 months ago 'Fernie' meant nothing to me, but now it does! I couldn't believe it!

    As for me, July marked 8 years since I came to the USA as a 20 year old newlywed. Time flies! Life is good here, I do miss home though. We have considered moving back to NZ (in 2007 we went for 6 months with the thought of staying permanently) but our main reason for not doing so is, in a nutshell, house prices. The cost of living here in the Midwest is sooo reasonable compared to NZ. Every time I go back home I am shocked all over again by how expensive everything is! :o(

    ReplyDelete