Thursday, June 3, 2010

Invermere Weekend

I was kindly reminded the other night that I hadn't blogged about my weekend to Invermere! So here goes. After school on friday (3pm) Shauna picked up the pre-school kids and Fiona picked up the school kids and I hung out at home with Grace until her dad came home and then everyone came to mine as we loaded up two cars, 5 kids and 3 adults with luggage, window panes (for doing mosiacs) and a freezer! It took us about 2 hours to get from Fernie to Invermere and we made good time. On arrival the kids got their bikes out straight away and rode them round the cul-de-sac while we unloaded and got some dinner ready. It was a fairly late night by the time we got the kids fed and watered and calmed down enough to head to bed. One great thing we did do was separate the families so each family had a room and that mean't we didn't have to deal with kids egging each other on!! Everyone slept well and we started our saturday with a yummy brekkie of crepes and pancakes and then the kids headed out on their bikes again! Fiona and I headed into Invermere to have a look at the shops and shauna stayed home with the troops. That afternoon the kids headed to the Rec Centre which is so cool, it has an indoor pool and indoor hot tub and then an arcade room downstairs where there is 2 nascar racing games and its all free! so the kids and i had races and it was such fun, especially when you had one little one steering and one little one underneath with their hand on the accelerator! That night we put the kids to bed relatively early cause they were super tired and Shauna made us an amazing dinner of a chilled soup with goat cheese crostini and then thai scallops (really hot for me) which were amazing! That night after several glasses of wine we decided to start our mosiac windows and it was fun, and totally absorbing, time flew by without us even realising - so it was a really late night for us ladies. Sunday came round too fast and it was time to head home. I had the best time, laughed hard all weekend and it was cool to spend time with just Luke. We had great food, great coffee, great wine, great baileys, great kids and great times. Thanks so much for the weekend girls. I should note that we were so busy having fun that I didn't take many photos!! Shauna's place!
the view from Shauna's deck looking at the cul-de-sac two kids chilling crafting begins!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day :o) Nice to 'meet' you! I had to look up on the map where Fernie is. If we ever plan a big trip up to Canada (which I would love to do) I will let you know! Sounds like you had a great weekend away... making mosaics looks fun!

    ReplyDelete