Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ahhhhhhhhhhhh the fighting!


Some days, I wonder why I have any hair left at the end of the day! Now don't get me wrong, I love my two children deeply but some days I swear if I could pay someone to take them away .......
The fighting, its dramatic, its endless and its loud. They're learning to play together which is amazing but within minutes and sometimes its only seconds one of them does something to the other and the peace has ended. For example, they were playing trains in Luke's room and there was laughing and then there was screaming and crying, pushing and screaming and it turned out Grace had thrown one of the trains at Luke and it hit him on the hand and it hurt - dispute #1 separation occured. Dispute #2 went something along the lines of Grace being in her room playing with a puzzle and her brother went in to see if he could play too or more precise to take the puzzle she was doing and try to do it himself which resulted in pushing and shoving and screaming and crying - separation occurred and Mom realising that she is going to let them sort it for themselves next time. Next time happened about 10 minutes later and I don't know what happended but there was screaming and crying and both of them running out to me and me walking away .... this is all by about 9am in the morning! Yesterday afternoon was one of those days and by about 4.45pm I had had enough and I put them both in their rooms and shut the down before I lost the plot and just then their father arrived home and begun to say "how are the" and then he heard the screams and cries! He was so glad that he was heading back out to go for a bike ride!
But the sun is shining and there is warmth in the air and the weekend is nearly here. There are people worse off in the world and I need to remember that, when the plot is being lost within our 4 walls.
Happy Place #1 Happy Place #2

No comments:

Post a Comment