Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Is Coming

Christmas planning, decorating, baking is well underway.  With only 2 days of school left before Christmas break, it is time to start baking the teacher gifts!! Last year i made cheesecakes in a jar, this year I'm making mini chocolate brownie loaves.

Christmas Craft Exchange has been completed and sent out, I made biscotti, peppermint sandwich cookies and fudge and I'm super excited to get presents in return!

Christmas Cookie Exchange has been baked and eaten .... this year only 4 dozen were required .... which is super doable and you can make fancier cookies. (missing photo .... will try to locate)

Tree is up decorated and there are a few decorations around the house, I always think i have more than I do!!
 I sometimes pine for those big bushy trees, that are so beautifully decorated with matching decorations and then I remember that we go hunting every year for the perfect tree and every decoration (minus the balls!) has a special meaning and was given by a special person in our lives and we love that!


Grace has her own tree, as does Luke, but this year to save space we put it up on her craft table and she lined her babies up for a photo shoot before their dinner!
Funny story about Grace, her christmas present from Nana Ally and PJ arrived at the post office and after the normal discussion about why she couldn't open it and that it needed to go under the Christmas Tree until Christmas Day and then about Why this had to happen, Grace said "I don't want Santa to take it".  So then we had a discussion about Santa bringing gifts and not taking them and she decided to put them in the wardrobe "just in case"! I should also point out that she tried to negotiate the present being placed in her wardrobe (fat chance) instead of mine!!
We also headed to Lizard Creek Lodge for our annual Christmas Brunch and Santa and Mrs Claus always come.  The kids get a great little gift, get to sit on Santa's knee and have their photo taken.  Luke was trying to be too cool for school and had to be reminded to smile or he wouldn't get a present from Santa! Grace, however was super excited to see Santa and Mrs Claus and asked them if they remembered her from last year! She also lined up with the other kids to wait for Santa by herself, wouldn't come and eat her lunch because the kids were all lining up and she didn't want to miss out and then happily let her brother join her in the queue when Santa came down.  Such a sweet sister.

Look what RAB Fernie got for Christmas this year, a brand new cargo trailer!
Rennie looks like a Big Time Builder now!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a bake-a-thon!
    Love the stockings!

    ReplyDelete