"One mountain town, two mountain girls, with a mutual love for trails, races, sweat & exhiliration. Thus was born Fernie's First Annual Mountain Duathlon in 2010, encopassing all that and then some!!! It is designed to test the abilities, determination and strength of participants, while also celebrating the amazing terrain and trails available in Fernie.
The run is approximately 10.7km and the majority of the run is single track, with a combination of smooth forest floor, roots and natural obstacles under foot.
The Bike is approximately 13.5km and the terrain is predominantly cross country with steady climbing and downhill that has some Black (expert) spots, but is generally Blue (medium). This is a race of stamina rather than downhill fear! "
Ren and I were going to be a team but then I realised that I would have to be running all summer instead of riding my bike so I bailed!! A good friend Jana is an amazing runner stepped up and they made an amazing, evenly balanced team. Ren had been working all summer so had barely trained and Jana had been unwell and yet still this incredible pairing came 5th out of 11 other mixed teams and their times were Jana did it in 1.07:18 and Ren did it in 1.05:59 .... just imagine if these two had been at peak fitness!!! Bring on next year!!! 





Change over
Ren coming across the finish line
Team known as Awesomeness!
Yay Hayley crossing the finish line ..... breathe girl you did it!!

Nana and Poppa happy their son made it without crashing!

Hayley, Demetri, Holly and Ren before the start .... happy smiling faces ..... wish i had taken an "after" shot!!
and this is Hayley immediately prior to starting her leg, crooked glasses, "what the h*ll am I doing" look on her face!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment