
Last night I saw an amazing movie at our monthly film festival night called "Made in Dagenham" its the story of 187 amazing women who worked at the Ford Factory in Dagenham as Machinists and they went out on strike demanding equal pay, the movie showed their plight both personal and professional and watching the scrambling of the Ford company and the Union. I went home inspired and proud to be a woman and recommend this movie to anyone. It showed how women in the world got equal pay, we all now that it happened but how many of you actually know HOW it happened. It reminded me that we as women are incredible, that we can work outside the home and we still are often the sole person in charge of working inside the home. In the movie the main character Rita O'Grady is dealing with all this strike business and still her husband reminds her that he is on his last shirt! I know that life is not the same as it was in 1968 but it still makes you wonder!
Wow, that pretty much sounds how I felt when I left the movie theatre.
1968. It's a man's world. But not for long...
No comments:
Post a Comment