Well it was a biggie!!
I turned the big 4 - 0
I wasn't sure how I was feeling and then I realised it was just another day and that turning 40 wasn't that big of a deal and I feel good in my own skin, who I am.
My birthday was celebrated over a weekend,
my actual birthday being on the Sunday.
On Saturday, Ren took the kids to a friends house to watch rugby for a the afternoon so I sat down in a comfy chair and watched a movie all by myself ..... BLISS!
That evening we went out to dinner with some friends, a dinner that my husband organised and it was fun, the conversation was awesome and funny, the restaurant amazing, the food, the service - really came together.
Here's a sample of the silliness and surprise surprise, if I don't take the pictures, then there are none! So no those three crazy people weren't the only people there but I have no other photos!!
The restaurant made me a cake (thank you honey) and it was chocolate, dense and delicious
Then my friends showered me in gifts,
3 lovely ladies went in together
and got me something that I am slowly building a collection of .......
4 place settings of fiestaware
This is me, opening it and looking at Wendy with the biggest grin on my face,
not believing that there were 4 sets in that huge box!
True Beauty.
I'm realising as I get older, that I want color in my life.
So when i told Wendy what i wanted for my birthday,
she asked me what color, i told her to pick any color.
Pick the color that she loved.
So she did and then so did Mary-Jane and Shannon.
AMAZING!
Sunday was dress up day for Ski Club.
Luke had to be an animal so he went as Cookie Monster!
Grace could be anything and she chose a Princess,
the dress in the above photo had to be replaced for something that wouldn't hinder her speed!
It was abandoned for a shorter tutu!
and thats Annabelle, she's from Rotorua
she is Grace's favorite ski instructor, that love story deserves a post all on its own!
While the munchkins hit the slopes,
Ren and I and the Meds hit the Blue Toque for breakfast!
Delicious way to start the day, all their food is cooked fresh right there and then,
just like you were at home in your own kitchen.
The mimosa's and the caesars didn't hurt the start of the day either!
Breakfast took a few hours
and then I had to make something yummy to take up to the Meds
as we were watching Rugby with the gang up there.
Ren and Grace made me a carrot cake that afternoon,
it was their first attempt and it was delicious.
And because those who know me, know I love food!
Hayley made me this divine cheesecake as well!!
I just read this quote
Turning 40 is a a big milestone. Some see the Big 4-0 as the entry to middle age, and one step closer to old age. But it is also true that 40 is the new 30. As you celebrate your fortieth birthday, consider that you are old enough to have learned from your mistakes, yet young enough to chart a new direction in your life.


No comments:
Post a Comment