We've been watching the Olympics constantly since Opening Day and Luke is enthralled with the skiing, the ski jumping, the half pipe, you name it he loves it. He's always said he wanted to go on the ski hill and so we enrolled him in Ski School, which he'll attend each Sunday for 2 hours for 6 weeks. The first one was on Sunday and he LOVED LOVED it! Ren took him up and got him set up and then was heading away while Luke was heading up the Magic Carpet. Once Luke was at the top, his teacher Alex told him to wait and that she would come back for him once she had guided this other beginner down the wee slope. So Luke waited (about 2mins) and then yelled out "Can I go now, I want to go on my own" Ren, who was heading back to the car, turned around in time to see Luke crouched down and going for it! Halfway down he tipped over, thank goodness otherwise he would have skiied into the nets at the bottom!! Alex said that the only thing about the class was Luke kept getting frustrated cause he wanted to be like the other kids and go down successfully by himself. As you can imagine he can't wait to get back up there and his sister is chomping at the bit to get out there too! Here are some shots that we took when we went up to pick him up.


This was shot before we left the house .... DUDE!
Well done our little ski champ. His name will be down for the 2026 Olympics I presume. How I managed to do this I think - under the drop down select a profile, click on name url and then type your name in. I think that must register you.I have loved the skating and well done Canada for the pairs. Love Nanaxxx
ReplyDelete