Sunday, February 8, 2015

Virtual Coffee - Christmas Holidays Part II

Goooooooooooooood Moooooooooooorning! Where did I leave us, Christmas Break and the huuuuge amount on travelling we did.  I headed to Taupo to drop off the kids, stoping in Tairua (as usual) to use the loo in the big dog! A local artist works with corrugated iron and he makes the most amazing signs, building frontages and sculptures.
Then came Lake Tarawera. This place is like heaven.  The kids are old enough that you can put them in lifejackets and kayaks and send them out onto the lake and they can just paddle till their hearts are content.  I didn't take a lot of shots, i was too busy enjoying the view and the time with the family.
 spending time with cousins, was so much fun.  As was mountain biking in the Redwood Forest in Rotorua.
 An afternoon on Captain Lippy's Boat (and Meg's) is always an enjoyable time, drinks in the afternoon sun with young and old jumping off the roof of the boat.
The days were filled with sunshine, lake time, family time ... just what the doctor ordered until ......
I broke my toe! Earlier in the evening we took that great shot with my niece's selfie stick and then later that evening I broke my toe :( yep it was the 2nd one, that one that is crooked and swollen.  I kicked it on the lip of a bi-fold door and tripped over getting my toe caught.  So our 2nd to last day at the lake was spent in Rotorua A&E 



No comments:

Post a Comment