Monday, February 11, 2013

The Cleanse

I've just completed a 10 day cleanse! It was my first time ever doing a cleanse and it was okay, except for the vile fibre drink you had to drink for 6 days ...... the kids would run to the kitchen to watch me drink it to see if maybe this time i might throw up!!  This is the website http://www.advocare.com/ in case you're interested.  You basically eat clean for 10 days; no wheat, no dairy and no sugar.
Plenty of water, which I drunk with a couple of slices of lemon, plain water in winter is incredibly hard for me! First thing in the morning was a bowl of fruit and that yuckky fibre drink and then mid morning I would have overnight skinny oats.  The top two photo's were my lunch; protein, vege/salad and a complex carborhydrate if needed ..... I needed quinoa! The bottom right is an example of dinner; its spaghetti squash, salsa, lean chicken and the kids had cheese melted on top.  I quite enjoyed the meal part, although you need to be organised and have quinoa salads prepared and you could snack but in the morning it was to be fruit, oatmeal or hard boiled eggs and then in the afternoon you could have rice cakes with natural peanut butter, or nuts or fruit.

I did lose weight but i'm not sure how much, i felt lighter in myself and I did feel better.  We also started a 42 day workout challenge where you need to work out a minimum of 24 days in the 42.  But the person with the most days will win the kitty money and if its a tie, you need to do a plank off.  I'm not in the running anymore because i've been taking a day off every week.  This old girl needs a rest!!  The finale for our challenge is on Monday so I need to step it up this week and try for everyday!!!

Right now i'm off to cook Apple Crumble (definitely NOT on the cleanse) and head to boot camp to work out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment