Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Missing Home

Sometimes I really miss home, sometimes its overwhelmingly hard to be here and other times I think I could be here forever!

We love Fernie, the mountains, the snow, practically living on a ski hill, the mountain bike trails, the oh so killer fun fast mountain bike trails and the people.  We've met some incredible people who have become dear dear friends and in some cases stand in family.  But there is something about those people that have known you for years and years and years. Its comforting, they know you, they get you and you don't have to be anyone but yourself.  You don't have to try to fit in because you just do. They know you as yourself and they know you as part of a couple.  Sometimes it hurts that I can't just pop in for coffee and end up playing Wii all afternoon and laughing so hard that you need to pee.

 Even our kids are just different around their cousins and their friends in Onewhero, there's just a comfort level there that I've never seen before.  We have our closest friends in the whole world just hours away in Montana and thats comforting but I wish I could just see them more.

Today is one of those days, Lukes away on his first vacation away from home. Grace is in daycare and I'm in the office working, balancing finances, paying bills ..... wondering how it is that we live in this expensive place we call home. How can we cut costs, how much cheaper it would be to live in the states, wondering would it be cheaper back in New Zealand ..... stalling really! I need to get back to work!!



Update: too funny, while typing this post, Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus started playing!! my Itunes is on shuffle while I work, so this song came on randomly.  Yep me think that's the universe saying "pull your socks up chick"! back to work I go!

1 comment:

  1. ha!! gotta love billy ray ;)

    thanks for the comments, girlie. i love that you love joe purdy...we actually went to his show a few weeks ago...so fun!

    ReplyDelete