Monday, November 14, 2011
Remembrance Day - Fernie 2012
Remembrance Day in Canada is held on November 11th and the Fernie Academy, where Luke goes to school joins in the Parade from the Legion to the Court House and then sings at the Ceremony. I always think of my Grandad on Remembrance Day and always shed tears when the Last Post is played. I miss my Grandad more as I get older and only wish my children got to meet a man that shaped my childhood greatly. Grandad didn't talk about the war when I was a child, I think it pained him to and when asked, he would go silent and you knew it was something he didn't wish to share. As an adult, I can only imagine the horrible things he endured. Here are some shots from that day. 

Luke is 7th from the left in the front row wearing his house colors toque which is black and pink striped. Grace is also in the front row and she is first on the left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment