Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Parenting

Some days I wonder WHY, why did I think it would be a great idea to have 2 children, why did I think it would be a good idea to raise those children without our families and why is having a 3 year so goddam frustrating. It was one of those days on Tuesday that from the moment they opened their eyes, they annoyed each other, wanted to play with whatever the other one had, grace giving luke the odd slap here and there, Spook giving Flossie the odd push here and there. Spook acting all day as if he had no ears at all and everytime mum went into the fridge she looked at the wine and wondered how early was too early! It amazes me how quickly it can turn. It goes from being horrendous when I know I want to go back to work to rolling around on the floor in Flossie's room laughing and dancing to incredibly loud music, with them both clapping and dancing and turning the music up louder and louder. We headed outside to where the rain had left great puddles to run and play in, who needs a pool when you have puddles. Flossie just runs up and down, up and down, up and down, occasionally moving for oncoming traffic and then pulling his sister in the wagon, around and around and around until he needs to sit down and rest! Thank god its 5 o'clock somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment