Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beautiful Blossom



Our amazing girl just seems to get funnier and cuter by the day. She is nearly 1 1/2 and she is hillarious, trying to make you laugh constantly and learns so quickly by watching her brother (good and bad!) and her big girl shoes are at the moment the highlight of her life .... she wants them on first thing in the morning and each time they're taken off to nap, they come straight back on when she wakes. She has 6 teeth which she happily will show you while laughing but please keep your fingers out of her mouth for safety reasons, yours! She talks non stop and more when her brother isn't around, she definitely knows whats she wants and certainly has a way of putting her point across. Her words consist of momma, dadda, bubba, ta and a few grunts and groans. The wee lass is still sleeping two naps a day, although some days she doesn't fancy it (mum does) and then will grizzle her way through the day and just about dive head first into her crib at bedtime to cuddle up to ted ted. The amount of food she can consume will astound most, maybe we were just used to Spook who grazed through the day. Flossie can sometimes be sitting at the table for an hour, happily eating her meal and when she is only up for 2 to 2 1/2 hours between naps there isn't alot of time to do much else! She openly adores her dadda and when she hears that gate open at the end of the day, she goes running (not always steady) through the house screaming dadda and will follow him until he picks her up for a cuddle and then she's happy to head back to whatever she was doing unless of course her brother is still cuddling dadda, then its a battleground! Since the snow melted and the days got warmer and we headed outside, it was a laugh to watch Flossie learn to walk on the grass, she stood as still as a statue for quite some time, not risking the movement!!! she was like that for quite a few trips outside .... can't wait to see her with sand between her toes! This wee girl brightens our life so incredibly much, her infectious smile, her cuddles and the way her little blue eyes stare at you makes my heart melt each and every day. It feels like we've had her forever and forever hasn't been long enough! I always wondered how I was going to love another as much as I loved Spook, but I needn't have worried because I love this little girl more than words can describe and even though my day to day life sometimes is a little hectic and more than I can manage, at the end of the day when i see them tucked up in bed and asleep, I know we are lucky to have these wee souls in our lives and I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Jacqui, this post just brought me to tears. Granted, I'm a little broody I think, but nonetheless to see how Grace has grown in only a few months and to think of the family unit that is Team Anderson just makes me well up. I can't imagine how I will ever love someone like I love Moana but I will always think of your words and be reminded that I will indeed. After all, I thought that same thing about The Mouse. HA... what a joke that seems like now. We miss you guys heaps. Love you and looking forward to catching up soon. Camping trip this summer?!?!? ~Casey

    ReplyDelete